Student Gift Officers
What is a Student Gift Officer (SGO)?
Student Gift Officers reach out to alumni, friends, and parents year around, five days a week to build relationships and raise funds for the university. SGOs are provided thorough training, flexible scheduling, and competitive pay in addition to a rewarding opportunity to serve their eventual alma-mater and make K-State even better.
Strengthening Your Resume and Work Experience:
Student Gift Officers are vital to the success of fundraising initiatives at Kansas State University. By maintaining strong relationship with alumni, friends, parents and employees of the university, you have the excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise in communication, fundraising, public relations and more.
Student Gift Officers play a significant role in KSU strategic solicitation efforts. Working for our program not only provides support for innovative and impactful programs, scholarships, projects and facilities, but also educates student callers about the philosophy of giving back. Through our program, we are building a culture of philanthropy both within our SGO team and with the donors we interact with..
• Achieve fundraising objectives for the university
• Reconnect alumni and friends with the university
• Update alumni information
• Inform donors of campus happenings and fundraising impact
• Increase alumni enthusiasm and financial support toward their alma mater
• Answer any questions or concerns about KSU